- Don't wait until you're thirsty! Drink a glass of water every 20 minutes, or more often if you do manual work. Don't drink alcoholic beverages.
- Use an extra fan if necessary – note, only effective up to 32°C (~ 90°F).
- If you work outdoors, wear loose clothing and protect your head from the sun.
- If you're able to work flexibly, do the more physically demanding tasks before 11am and after 5pm.
- Likewise, work slower and take frequent short breaks rather than one long break.
Watch out for symptoms of "heat stroke" :
- feeling of intense fatigue, dizziness, lightheadedness
- feeling faint, incoherent speech, balance problems
This is a MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Call the paramedics on 18 or 112.